Connect


NOTE to Pinterest Group Board Contributors: To be added to a board, simply go to the board and by the follow button is a button to request to be added to the board. Please do not email or message me to be added to a board.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twinisms


Are you one of those twin moms who don't like the twin nick names?
Twinkies, Twinkers, Twinces, Twincesses..etc etc.

I am


I am not sure what it is about the nicknames they just make me cringe. No offense to anyone who uses these nick names for their twins. I just don't like them. I guess it is kind of like not liking banana flavored popscicles or banana flavored candy. They taste utterly disgusting to me. I hated it when I was a child and my mom would buy banana flavored popscicles. I felt slighted. I would not eat them even if I was desperate for a popscicle. I usually froze some orange juice on those occasions. I guess she just really liked banana popscicles and maybe I was being naughty that week ro something. :)


Which brings me to thinking more into twinisms. Why do people have such a strange stigma about twins. When they see you in public they say things like.. "Oh dear I feel terrible for you"  or  "Wow do you have your hands full",  I hear a lot of  "I was so afraid I was going to have twins, so glad I did not:" and " Oh look out double trouble".  Not to forget the "I have a baby and a toddler, it is just like having twins but worse"  or  My 1 year old, 3 year old, and 5 year old are more difficult than having twins".  Been there done that honey, it is not the same.  You see I have an advantage over many twin moms.  I was a singleton mom x3. I have a child who is 14 and is 2.5 years older than my 2nd child who is 11 1/2...who in turn is 15 months older than my 3rd child who is 10. I was also a single mom for 7+ years. I lost my first husband in an auto related accident and was left at 25 years old with a 15 month old, a 2 year old, and a 5 year old who just started Kindergarten 2 weeks before. I had 3 kids very close in age....2 of which were even more close in age. I had an 8+ year break from having children and then my current husband and I decided to have one child, had a loss, and then had twins. Wow TWINS!! They are 2 now. 4/21/08 (32 weekers)

So I have really been there and done that. I can vouch for ALL twin moms far and wide.
Having children close in age is NOTHING AT ALL LIKE HAVING TWINS.
 I PROMISE YOU THIS 1000x OVER!!!

I know most people just are trying to make conversation when they see someone with twins but why all the negativity?  Yes twins is a bit tougher than one but it is not like all twin mosm have been given a lifetime of punishment. Having twins is not a bad thing. It should not be feared, and when you tell a twin mom you feel bad for her or it is better her than you.... that is just plain ignorant and rude.

I hope one day things change and moms who do not have twins no longer see twins as a punishment.Twins are tough and all but are such a great blessing and what a wonderful experience for a mom!

I will leave you with some pics....yes this is our living room and yes these toys are only my twins toys. I do not run a daycare..and it is only half the room. Daddy was napping so I did not take pics of the other half of the room which contains the big playskool tent, the ride on's, and the bouce on's. :)



1 comment:

  1. my goodness that room looks like heaven- even to me! my kids would have a great time with all that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Search by Subject

#ULTG (159) light table (142) twins (126) home preschool (109) preschool fun (59) reggio (57) backyard play area (45) light box (45) light panel (39) light play (39) reggio inspired (39) outdoor fun (35) fun with light (29) homeschool (29) water beads (27) parenting multiples (24) playdates (24) preschool science (18) sensory play (18) enriched outdoor play (17) product review (17) art (16) playing with light (16) preschool art (16) magna tiles (15) reggio emilia (15) choo choo wagon (14) messy fun (13) water play (13) lightbox (12) black light (10) glow in the dark (10) indoor play area (10) light cube (10) light table manipulatives (10) outside play environment (10) reggio inspired environment (10) science (10) LED lights (9) kindergarten (9) learning through play (9) light table toys (9) reggio light play (9) smart outdoor play (9) DIY light table (8) Sensory bins (8) outdoor toys (8) pinterest (8) play based learning (8) reggio fridays (8) waldorf playstand (8) art and light (7) autism (7) liquid water color (7) overhead projector (7) blocks (6) kids (6) light table worksheets (6) outdoor learning (6) outdoor play (6) preschool arts and crafts (6) reggio inspired play room (6) scented water play (6) slime (6) OSC (5) awesome toys (5) math (5) messy outdoor play (5) messy playdate (5) oil drip pan magnet board (5) preschool math (5) sensory playdate (5) valentines day (5) imaginative play (4) kindergarten homeschool (4) playroom organization (4) projected play (4) reggio linky (4) scented sensory play (4) toys (4) acrylic mirrors (3) action figures (3) bubbles (3) educational toys (3) mirror play table (3) mirrors (3) overhead manipulatives (3) overhead transparencies (3) preschool crafts (3) scented science experiments (3) spielgaben (3) trampoline (3) ultimate light table guide (3) usborne books (3) automatic bubble machine (2) cellophane paper (2) diy spielgaben (2) homeschool room tour (2) preschool spelling (2) reggio inspired homeschool room (2) scented science (2) scented slime (2) science experiment (2) science for kids (2) sensory tables (2) 1st grade (1) ULTG (1) ping pong fish bowl toss (1) scented play (1) scented playdough (1)